One new setting that I think many people will like is the new Course Setting called Course layout. This is set by editing the course settings. This is taken from the Moodle 2.3 Dev branch.
This setting determines whether the whole course is displayed on one page or split over several pages. The setting has no effect on the SCORM format however works nicely on topics and weeks!
The Options are
- Show all sections on one page
- Show one section per page
So what does it look like?
The following images show the course page as it is at first with just the section name showing in a list, and then as the user moves through some of the sections.
The things to note are
- The main page is now an index for the course
- There is basically a next section / previous section above and below the section area but using the name of the section
- Section 0 is still there (like using the old §ion= option, so you need to be aware of what you put in that section).
So as you hopefully can see this provides a nice section by section experience.
Of course now, make sure your section 0 is just 1 line of text/graphic in size to get best use of this and that your topic fits on one screen!
As per comment, changed the images to be a real course.