The long-awaited Moodle 2.4 is here!
The latest version of Moodle 2 has been released. It has been just over two years since Moodle 2.0 was released and Moodle HQ has maintained the new released schedule of every 6 months approximately for the major releases.
There has been a lot of great improvements in the last 24 months, and Moodle 2.4 brings a few lovely ones including:
- New Icon set (see recent blog post)
- Moodle Universal Cache – which helps Performance
- Assignment improvements – (see blog post on Offline grading and Blind Marking)
In addition to some of the major improvements, Moodle 2.4 brings a number of “fixes” including:
- Students can now see the content of advanced grading forms on their assignment page before they submit
- Activities and topics can be restricted according to user profile fields
- Users can set the order and number of courses displayed on their My home page.
For the full release notes check out the Moodle Docs – 2.4 Release Notes
To download from the web – see the Moodle download page
To download from GIT – see the Moodle git repository