This paper is a look into some the repositories solutions available for Moodle 2, their features and the type of integration functionality.
The release of Moodle 2 brought with it a challenge which most Moodle administrators and teachers had not encountered before, that is, the integration of a content repository with the course management system.
The white paper has 3 parts.
Firstly it looks at the key issue in repository usage with Moodle 2:
- the dilemma of Copying or Linking from repositories
Then it address repositories themselves
- repositories in general
- the specific repositories available for Moodle
- their features
- the level integration available with Moodle
Lastly, it look at two topics around repository usage, namely:
- the Moodle 2 Private Files repository for users
- the Processes for adding files to Moodle comparing 1.9 and 2.0