When training new organisations on Moodle administration, my approach has been to focus on just the tasks that they need to get up and running rather than dealing with everything that the administrator can do – which is a lot of things.
Our new book with PacktPublishing Moodle Administration Essentials covers these basic core areas:
- Install Moodle on a Linux Server
- Set up the structure of the site using categories
- Manage user accounts, authenticate users, and control permissions with roles
- Enhance the site with plugins such as activity modules, admin reports, admin tools, and more
- Brand the site with configured themes
- Prepare the site for end-of-year rollover
- Monitor the usage and performance of the site
For more information check Moodle Administration Essentials. It is available as e-book and in printed form.